17. Raw Brownies For a Stronger Heart & Digestive System
One of my all time favorite dessert recipes. They can taste as rich and chocolaty as you like, but they are actually healthy and beneficial for your body. One major benefit that I take notice to is the relief it can give your digestive track. Nobody likes not being able to go, and it’s not healthy for us. But there is so much more that goes on behind closed doors that our body will thank you for once you try these.
A food processor or very good blender is required for grinding/blending the ingredients.
1. Nuts of your choice ground up (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews…)
2. Dates or prunes (without the pit) soaked in orange juice or warm water for 5-10 minutes before blending
4. Liquid sweetener (agave works great)
5. Coconut shreds
Note: If you do not want to add the extra sugar you can substitute it with some water or orange juice.
The whole mixture will be very thick and sticky. Spread this into a pan and refrigerate for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
Benefits of the Ingredients:
1. Dates: Relief from constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunctions, diarrhea, abdominal cancer. Rich in several vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Containing oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium. Read more about their benefits here.
2. Nuts: High in nutrients, antioxidants, lower your cholesterol & triglycerides, reduce inflammation, high in fibre, reduce your risk of heart attack & stroke. Read more about their benefits here.
3. Cocoa: Relief from high blood pressure, cholesterol, obesity, constipation, diabetes, bronchial asthma, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, and various neurodegenerative diseases. Helps to improve cardiovascular health and brain health. It also helps in treating copper deficiency.Read more about the benefits here.
4. Liquid Sweetener: Okay, let’s be honest, I just like this for its flavour and texture in the mixture. It also helps hold it all together but it is not necessary if you don’t want it. Too much can lead to weight gain, tooth decay, or an upset stomach. Use natural whenever possible for your ingredients to lower these risks. It’s not all bad though, read more here.